Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Plans for Soccer - I'm Coaching Two Teams! (Maybe)

Both Owen and McKenna want to do soccer next year, which is great, but they will be on different teams and they're both demanding I coach them, which is not so great. I've been talking to my wife about what I'm going to do, especially because we haven't been sure whether Owen's been serious about soccer but the paperwork came today asking me if I was going to volunteer again, so I agreed to coach both teams.

It sounds nuts. It is nuts. It was hard at the beginning coaching one team, but I enjoyed the hell out of it. I got to spend time with my friend Jeff which was awesome, spend time with my kids, and make new friends, so those were all pluses. My kids really love soccer and both are decent at it, so I want to continue to encourage their interest.

I don't even know if they'll let me coach two teams or not. Some of the other coaches have done it in the past, so it shouldn't be a big deal, and Jeff has said that he might coach this year too, so maybe I'll let him have a team and take a back seat. I don't know yet.

What I do know is I really love coaching, more than anything I can remember in a long time, and as long as I enjoy it I'm going to keep doing it. Hell, at this point, if I could get paid to do it full time I'd jump at the chance. I mean that seriously.

No comments: