Monday, January 19, 2009

Inauguration Tomorrow

I'm excited for the inauguration tomorrow.  It truly feels like a long national, and personal, nightmare is over.  This lapsing administration has been a disaster in every sense of the word.  I am still a libertarian and I hope for smaller government and more freedoms.  I am working for the cause of smaller government but I'd also love an undoing of the Bush presidency and that wasn't going to happen with McCain.  It wasn't going to happen with Bob Barr or any of the third-party candidates.  I saw the writing on the wall and knew which direction the country was going to shift.  So I am going with it.  I view Obama as the ipecac of politics.

But even more importantly, I'm excited to have a president that is not afraid of education, is not afraid of intelligence, or making an informed decision, who deliberates.  I am excited to have a president who's hallmark will not be goofy names for journalists but will be straightforward answers and attempts to fix the problems we're facing.

This really is great time in history.

1 comment:

TomlinsTE said...

Are you still as happy as you were?