Saturday, August 30, 2008

Watching Hurricane Gustav

We're big weather watchers at home and we're anxiously watching the progress of Hurricane Gustav. I don't wish ill on anyone else, but I really hope it doesn't hit New Orleans. It seems almost a kick in the teeth that three years after Katrina (almost to the day) they're looking down the barrel of another big one.

I've only been to New Orleans once, but it's always stuck in my head as one of the best trips I ever took. When Katrina hit I hoped that the city was not a goner, but I figured it would be wiped off the map. It's been sad that so far, New Orleans has not bounced back like it should have.

And so I hope Gustav...implodes, or stalls, or turns back where it came.

I'd like to take my children there some day, and not on an underwater tour.

No comments: