Friday, August 29, 2008

Someone Take My Kids Please


I feel like a failure as a parent today.  We went bowling with friends we haven't seen in a while, so the kids were excited, and it bubbled up in some really bad behavior.  The kids were all over the lanes, pushing each other, dropping bowling balls, laying down in front of other people's lanes, yelling.  It was horrible, and embarrassing in a big way.  

My kids are always a little rambunctious and energetic.  They are spirited, and sometimes they have a really bad attitude, but today it was like watching an episode of "Nanny 911".  People kept glancing at me as I kept yelling at them to move, to sit down, to stop misbehaving.  What I should have done was removed them from the bowling alley and not let them play anymore.  But I didn't honestly think about that then.  I don't know why.

The more distance I get from it, the more upset and embarrassed I get.  And I hate feeling like this.

No comments: