Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What a Weekend! Camping and Car Crashes Oh My!

It was one hell of a weekend, let me tell you...

  • McKenna and I went camping with the Adventure Guides Saturday night into Sunday. This was her first event with the Adventure Guides and her first big sleep over and it went swimmingly!
  • On the way to the event I ran into a concrete pole in the Giant parking lot. Bent the tire rod and strut for our van, so she's in the shop now getting worked on.
It made for a very uneven weekend to have the joy of seeing my little girl having a great time with friends up in the woods in a lodge hanging with the girls and to just keep replaying my own stupidity in my head and seeing the crash into the pole. Luckily, I didn't hit the pole head on or the damage would have been a lot worse. All I did was hit it with the driver's side tire. Still, I felt like a complete idiot because I didn't even see the pole until it was too late.

Oy.

But we were all alright so it works out, and the car will be fine. And I am fine, and so far, my wife's not threatening to kill me, so that's good. :)

Still...oy.

No comments: