Thursday, February 12, 2009

Mo with the Red Hair

I'm kind of an anomaly amongst fathers. I go to all of my kids' special events, including class parties. I figure I only have one pass at these kinds of events and given the choice between a quicker path to success at work or building the strongest family relationship I can, I'm going to choose family every day of the week and twice on Sunday. The way I figure, the employer I have today is not going to be there to take care of me when I'm decrepit and old. They will not give me grandchildren in the future. I don't get hugs from my work. It's pretty clear (or I think it is) which is more valuable.

So, yesterday McKenna's class had their Valentine's Day Party, and I was there. But I wasn't just there. I make an event of it. I dress up, I act goofy, I am one of the kids when I am there. So for the party yesterday I dyed my hair bright red. I've been growing it out for almost two months so I could, and now I want to share the awesomeness with you.

There you have it. I thought it was a good look for me, but yesterday afternoon my wife made me shave it all off. I'm back to being bald.

But maybe I'll dye the beard green for St. Patrick's Day...

No comments: